Each full-mouth reconstruction plan is unique. Your dentist should evaluate the health of your gums, teeth, and jaw, and also consider your goals, such as a smile makeover. During the initial stages, you will be required to visit a number of dental specialists to help you determine the specific care you need. You will probably also need to engage the services of a prosthodontist to oversee your care. These specialists have the skills and training to manage the intricacies of a full-mouth restoration, and can help to design your treatment plan. Depending on your specific situation, your dentist may recommend one or more of the following procedures:
- Restorative dental treatments - include fillings, bridges, dental crowns, inlays, and onlays
- Implant dentistry - include placement of dental implants to fill gaps in your mouth, replicating them from root to crown
- Neuromuscular dentistry - involves the correction of problems pertaining to the bite and temporomandibular joints (TMJs)
- Cosmetic dentistry - includes teeth whitening, gum re-contouring, dental bonding, and porcelain veneers
- Orthodontics - includes traditional metal braces, Invisalign, retainers, expanders, and spacers
- Bruxism treatments - includes therapy to address teeth grinding and related symptoms
- Oral surgery - includes tooth extractions, soft and hard tissue grafting, and root canal therapy
- Periodontal treatments - includes root planing, scaling, and periodontal surgery
Each of these procedures or treatments can be performed individually, but when you have multiple dental health issues, any combination of the above may be used.
Ready for a Personalized Smile Makeover Today?
Our dental team has the training, expertise, and compassion needed to help you choose the most appropriate path to your reconstructed smile and optimal oral health.
Contact our office today at 512-872-3658 to schedule an appointment so we can discuss your needs and goals for your oral health, and include them in designing your individualized full-mouth reconstruction plan.