Step 1: Visit your dentist in Austin, TX - The treatment starts by taking impressions of your teeth, bite registrations, x-rays, and photographs. These materials, together with the recommended treatment plan, are sent to the laboratory.
Step 2: Making the aligners - The lab creates precisely customized aligners using 3D computer imaging technology to transform the material gathered into a personalized series of aligners.
Step 3: Each set should be worn for about two weeks, but you need to remove them when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
Step 4: After every two weeks, you will be required to replace the aligner with the next one in the series. This will cause your teeth to shift their position, a little at a time, until they're fully straightened as desired. But even with fortnightly changes, you should visit your dentist every 6 weeks so they can make sure that your treatment is progressing as intended.
The orthodontic treatment typically takes between 9 and 15 months to completion, during which time you will have used 18 to 30 aligners. The time taken for each Invisalign procedure will vary according to your dental situation.
Looking for a Certified Invisalign Provider? Just call us...
Invisalign in Austin, TX is a great option to get those beautiful straight teeth you always wanted – without having to wear braces. A consultation with our dentist can help determine if Invisalign is the right treatment for you. Call us at 512-872-3658. We're always ready to help.
Invisalign is a patented orthodontic treatment option that uses a series of clear, removable plastic appliances called aligners to progressively reposition teeth.
Reasons to Consider Invisalign
The Invisalign system has proven to be effective in both clinical research and in practices nationwide.
Here are some well-known benefits:
- It is removable - This allows you to brush and floss normally, helping to preventively combat tooth decay and periodontal disease.
- Better gum health - Studies show that the health of gum tissue tends to improve for the duration you'll be wearing aligners
- Enjoy your favorite foods/drinks - Since you can remove them, you don't have to necessarily forego some types of foods or drinks
- Cleaning are easier and faster compared to conventional orthodontics - Reducing the risk for plaque retention, tooth decay, and gum disease
- Improved speech and chewing - Poorly positioned teeth may lead to eating and speaking problems that can be corrected by adjusting your bite.
- Lower risk of abnormal wear and dental trauma - Properly aligned teeth don't cause excessive pressure on the supporting bone and jaw joints
- Dazzling smiles - You will feel less conscious about your mouth, increasing your confidence