Same Day Dental Implants & Immediate Implants in Austin
Same-day teeth with dental implants simply mean that you get the implants and teeth placed in a single visit. In other words, you arrive at your dentist’s office with a filing or missing tooth, denture, or bridge and the dental team assesses your condition and places the dental implants in a single appointment.
Using traditional techniques, you would have to wait for around 6 months after placement of the implant for it to be fully healed and integrated with the bone, so that the tooth can be restored or prosthetic teeth installed.
Benefits of Same-Day Solutions
1. Immediate functional and aesthetic improvement - Traditional tooth restoration procedures usually require several months before you can get back to your normal routine. Same-day implants, on the other hand, help you regain proper structure of your face and boost your confidence within just a few hours.
2. Great for urgent situations - A fast fix may be necessary when your current dentures are failing, or your teeth are falling out and the remaining ones need to be extracted.
3. Maximization of existing bone structure - Same day treatments attempt to fully maximize the remaining jaw bone structure that may have deteriorated, like in cases when the patient has stayed for a long time with missing or untreated teeth. The procedure is designed such that the dental implant procedure will be successfully completed, even if the underlying bone has deteriorated, without the need for more expensive and complicated procedures like sinus grafting or bone grafting.
4. Convenience and comfort - Since the implants are placed and fixed to the prosthetic teeth in a single appointment, the patient suffers less discomfort compared to the traditional method, which would require the patient to wait for long before the restoration is applied.
5. Cost-effectiveness - The procedure eliminates the need for more complicated and expensive bone grafting or sinus grafting procedures. Additionally, fewer visits to the dentist mean more savings on the actual treatment.
What to Expect from Same Day Treatment
This dental solution requires that certain criteria be met before proceeding. So, upon arrival, you should expect:
1. An examination and thorough investigations
2. Taking impressions and 3D scans - when required
3. Registration of bite and 3D model of the concerned teeth
4. Construction of the teeth
5. Placement of implants and crown in one appointment
Looking for More Information?
Some people have concerns about the procedure being too risky for relying on just four or five implants to support a full set of replacement teeth, but this treatment has remained popular and generally successful.
If you need more information on the procedure, kindly talk to our professional oral surgeons by contacting our office at 512-872-3658 and we’ll be ready and happy to assist you.